Monday 24 November 2014

Solo Exhibition

Road Trip. Eco-printed silk hand stitched with silk/cotton and metallic thread.

This Friday night I'll be ticking a thing off my bucket list as my first solo exhibition of textile artwork opens! "Unravelling" is a representation of my best work to date, created over nine years of practice. As I look over the pieces chronologically, I see how my work has developed and evolved as I've discovered new techniques and materials, not to mention developing  a more relaxed approach to mark making and finishing. Below are some detailed images of the featured work. If you are in Melbourne and happen to catch the show I would love to hear your comments and feedback.

For enquiries about purchasing or commissions, contact me at info@ahomefortandy.com

“Unravelling”
Opens 28 Nov at 6pm.
Runs to 3pm,11Dec 2014
322 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Cnr Argyle St
Hrs Tue to Fri 10am-8pm
Sat to Sun10am-6pm
Ph: 0399 423141
miriam@bsgart.com.au

I Wish You Love. My first commission! 

Peach 2. Eco-printed cotton hand featuring vintage beads.

Untitled 2. Eco-printed silk, hand stitched with silk thread.

Digital Tree. Tiny squares of recycled fabric sewn to re-create a pixelated image of a tree.

Deconstructed Flower. Vintage and recycled fabric from my Nan's stash.



No comments:

Post a Comment