Monday 17 November 2014

Fascinators!

Over the last few months I've been busy developing new products and working on new textile artwork for my up-coming solo show, but more about that in my next post!
One of the new lines I've developed is a range of eco-dyed, hand stitched silk and organza fascinators. We are coming into the wedding/formal season here in Australia and these pieces work perfectly with a romantic, boho, woodland theme. With both a clip and pin fastening, they can be worn as a headpiece or as a brooch. These pieces are available in the Etsy store but feel free to contact me directly if you'd like something similar made for you in your choice of fabric or colours.
info@ahomefortandy.com
www.ahomefortandy.com

Here are some pics of the process…
Raw silk and organza cut into lengths ready for the dye bath.

This dye bath of loquat leaves made a grey dye. 

Bundles and tied lengths.


Grey and turmeric yellow results.
A sea of silk and organza on my work table!
Rubber bands created an interesting resist on these fabrics which were then manipulated into floral shapes and sewn together.







No comments:

Post a Comment