Sunday 20 April 2014

Happy Easter!


Easter weekend is always a lovely time to involve the little ones in the family in some Easter related activities, and this year we spent time with my sister who's family now includes a four year old and a new born. As well as home-made hot cross buns and an Easter egg hunt, we tried our hands at decorating eggs. These coloured and patterned eggs, dyed in onion skins and garden leaves are a natural alternative to the usual blue and pink food dyed versions I remember doing as a kid. (I'm not sure Master Four was as enthralled through the entire process as I was!)
This is India Flint's method as described in her inspiring book Eco Colour.

I do hope you've all enjoyed some Easter family time too.


A few simple ingredients.

Wrapped up, ready for the dye bath.
The lovely results!


No comments:

Post a Comment