Saturday 5 October 2013

A Home For Tandy has a new home!

Ok this is getting serious now.... No longer can I simply diddle around with my work on weekends and occasional weeknights when I feel like it. Now I have moved into a real life artist studio which I have invested time and money in and now I'm expected to go there and use it! I have surprised myself with feelings of trepidation because this is something I've dreamt of for years. But it is a big step, and it means this thing is for real.
And to make myself feel like a real life artisan in my real life studio, I've done a crazy thing and taken a week off work to dedicate to my practice. This exercise will hopefully achieve a few things:
a) To amass some finished product towards my end of year goal
b) Kick start a routine of regular sessions after I return to my day job
c) Test how productive I can be in the right environment with the right equipment and without distractions, and
d) Test whether I actually like doing this work all day for six consecutive days

All will be revealed in the next post! In the meantime, here are a few images of day one......
Dyeing area

Plant material collected for day-one dye lots
Experiments with prunis leaves

My personal handyman building the largest and heaviest craft table ever!
The table needs to large to accommodate queen size fabric !

No comments:

Post a Comment