Thursday 26 December 2013

Looking Forward

Happy belated Christmas to all from A Home For Tandy! I hope the season brought much joy, togetherness and some satisfying creative activity that often follows the urge to bake, deck the halls and make the season bright! It's usually at this time, between Christmas and New Year that rather than reflecting on the past twelve months, I get an excited, restless feeling about the year ahead.

I'll be starting a new day job early in the year. It will involve learning new skills, working longer hours in a completely new location and a different commute everyday. My main concern with all that is "how will I manage my textile work schedule around my new lifestyle?" It will all remain to be seen, however I can't stop my mind thinking forward to possible solutions... Perhaps I could do research and answer emails on the train? Perhaps I might design a range of products that is portable enough to work on the train? Maybe a few days a week I'll travel directly to the studio rather than come home only to muster the energy to venture out again? Maybe I should try to get to bed before midnight so I won't be too exhausted by the time I get to the studio? The ideas keep coming....I'll post about the actual solutions as they manifest...

In the meantime, some exciting projects are already in the pipeline for the coming month!

I have three textile artworks hanging in the Brunswick Street Gallery 40x40 exhibition which runs until 14 January. Here's one of them...



And I'll be exhibiting my wares at RAW: Melbourne on 31 January. This is an exciting one night event showcasing the work of 40 artists across different disciplines. Check out their website of more info...
http://www.rawartists.org/

Best wishes to you all for an inspired and creative 2014!



No comments:

Post a Comment